Oikosnet Portfolio of Global Programmes
- For the coming years Oikosnet identifies and embraces Global
Leadership Resource Development (GLRD) as a primary
programmatic focus and emphasis (to be evaluated after five
- Oikosnet sees its contribution to and role for the wider
Ecumenical movement as a global leadership resource development agency.
- Oikosnet offers to the WCC, to churches, donor agencies
and other partners from civil society an ongoing dialogue about key issues for future
Leadership Resource Development programmes and invites them to send especially
younger and emerging leaders to these programmes.
- Building on a proven track record (e.g. CLLTs) in this
field, Oikosnet will develop and carry out a coordinated
set of respective programme activities, including the following
- Realizing the potential of the communication model developed
in the pilot phase of its ongoing Dialogue for Peaceful
Change (DPC) project, Oikosnet will in 2007 carry
out a global leadership development programme of six
training courses in Dialogue for Peaceful Change (Middle
East / Africa / Latin America / South East Asia (Thailand, Philippines,
Indonesia, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia) / South
Asia (Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) / Euro-American
- Starting in 2008, Oikosnet will carry out one Global
Leadership Resource Development programme every other year. The
nature and focus as well as the leadership team of the 2008
programme will be selected in 2006. Criteria for participation,
venue, screening procedures and the programme to be in place
at least one year before the event (because of visa, funding,
Oikosnet is developing a multi-year work plan and designing a structured
and coordinated procedure for carrying out these activities.
- Oikosnet sees—for its own constituencies as well as
in a wider context—the need to foster a culture
of Communication and Collaboration.
- Oikosnet will create a Communication Platform for
its member centres and partners (set up a sharepoint website
for global communication, exchange and learning).
- Oikosnet centres must
be able to communicate and collaborate directly with
each other, thus fostering a culture of communication and
a sense of being part of a global network.
will also develop a virtual learning space (the Oikosnet
- Oikosnet will continue to develop and carry out Global
and Inter-Regional Projects (like at present the Dialogue
for Peaceful Change project, DPC).
- Oikosnet sees the value and will continue and strengthen People
Exchange Activities (such as
staff exchanges, study visits, scholarships, volunteer